This position is for Senior Yield Engineer in GLOBAL FOUNDRIES India center at Bangalore, supporting 200 mm wafer FAB in Burlington, Vermont, USA. The candidate will be responsible for functional/sort test monitoring, root cause analysis and related manufacturing operations.
- Identify maverick wafers after the functional/sort test by program and collect wafer spatial signals
- Passionately work to correlate inline Wafer Electrical Test and Defects data to maverick wafers in order to identify the root cause of functional/sort test failure. Execute bin-2-defect analysis n maverick wafers.
- Drive the segmentation of spatial patters at Functional/sort test based on type of the patterns namely photo pattern, repeaters, location sensitive patterns, edge patterns, CoW patterns and additional regrouping based on the failing sort bins
- Work with respective teams and provide inputs to create apps for the local Yield Engineering needs
- Actively learn G85 pick map editing tool and assist in inking out problematic die. Prior knowledge on die inking and related software tools is added plus
- Summarize weekly WET signal package for specific technologies/ customers for internal use and also summarize CFM/PCM defect trends as needed
- Clear reporting and communication of issues to Burlington teams on a daily basis
- Must be flexible in job assignment and open to working on weekend shifts on rotational basis as required by the business
- B.E./B.Tech. or M.Sc./MTech. with 0-5 years of relevant experience in Electrical (Microelectronics)/ Electronics Engineering or Applied Physics
- Good understanding of semiconductor process technology, solid state device physics and submicron device architectures
- Decent critical thinking skills and basic understanding of statistical data analysis is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a globally matrixed team or environment
- Aggressive learner and a strong team player, excellent analytical skills, on-time delivery of assigned work
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Scripting skills are a plus
- Hands on experience in wafer electrical/ functional/ sort test is strongly desired
- Working experience in CMOS process and process module/equipment (200mm/300mm) is strongly preferred
- Scripting skills with open source languages like R & Python is preferred
- Influencing power.